Irving the Magician (PB)
We aim to fully disclose the condition of each that we sell to ensure that you will be happy with your purchase when it arrives. Therefore all books are inspected, cleaned and any minor repairs made, including covering any identifying signs of previous ownership. Books are then graded based on their condition, the grade appears in the book description, below is a guide which outlines some of the key indicators which determine how a book is graded. Additional images of any items listed are available on request.
- New (Unopened/Unused) OR
- Gently used (Like New)
- Minimal amount of creasing to spine
- Minimal discolouration to pages
- Dust jacket present (if applicable)
- No marking on pages
- No tears or rips on pages
- Minor creasing of cover
- Minor wear to corners of cover
- Minor reading wear to pages
- Minor discolouration
- Name or identification of previous owner covered
- Minimal highlighting or note-taking (minimal pages highlighted or notes in pencil)
- Well Used
- Spine may be creased
- Scuffing on hardcover edges / corners
- Wear to cover corners
- Cover may have discolouration and / or creasing
- Pages may be discoloured
- Markings and note taking do not interfere with readability
- May have slight water damage
- May have some minor tear(s) (repaired)
- Very Well Used
- Numerous marks
- Heavy creasing, folds in pages
- Badly discoloured pages
- May have water damage or warped pages
- No text is obscured and book remains readable
- Does not make the grade but too good to throw out
Please note that books that have been listed in a particular category may have all or some of the indicators shown above.
Where possible we will provide a photo of any significant faults on the listing, however if you have any questions or would like to see additional images for any of our items listed, please feel free to contact us by using the Contact Us page or eMail Us.
Perth Metropolitan Area - Delivery / Postage
Thrifty Teachers does not offer "Free Postage' - Please do not select 'Hold My Order' or 'Combine with Existing Order On Hold' for free postage - In the event orders cancelled due to no free postage will incur a $5 cancellation fee.
- Orders that have not been paid for at the time they are placed will automatically be cancelled, unless 'Cash on Collection' has been requested (see below).
- Where a postage quote is requested, customers have 24 hours to pay for order and postage/delivery in full.
- Thrifty Teachers cannot hold any items in the order and these will remain available for other customers to purchase until payment has been received.
Cash on Collection
- Collection times limited to Monday to Friday between 5 and 7 pm only, no weekend collections, by appointment only.
- Customer must include in the notes section the days and times they wish to collect their order.
- Must be collected within 7 days of placing the order.
- Correct monies at the time of collection (no change will be given).
- If no contact is made by the customer, the order is treated as 'Unpaid' (see above)
- If collection is requested outside of these times, the order must be paid for in full. Orders can then be left in a secure place for collection at a time convenient to the customer or at an alternative nearby location.
- Deliveries are made on Saturdays (Unless otherwise arranged)
- Deliveries cannot be made to a PO Box or Parcel Locker Box
- Free parking must be available close to the delivery address. In the event, delivery is attempted and no free parking available the order will be returned, if a delivery fee was paid, this fee will be forfeited, if the delivery was free a charge will be applied to the order for the failed attempt.
- Delivery Fees: (Perth Metropolitan Area Only)
- $ 8 All Orders Over $15.00
- $10 All Orders Under $15.00
- Free All Orders Over $60.00
- Postage - Up to 22 kg - $11.30 (Size Restrictions Apply)
Regional and Interstate - Postage ONLY
- Orders are posted using Australia Post (Unless otherwise arranged)
- Cubic weight is used to calculate postage on orders (as per Australia Post requirements)
- Customers can request
- Alternative courier/delivery service (at customers cost), conditions may apply
- Express Post, Signature on Delivery, Insurance (Additional cost will be incurred)
Postage Rates for Pre-Paid Satchels: (As At 1st October 2018)
100 g to 500 g 220 mm x 355 mm
Perth Metropolitan Area Only $ 7.60
Standard $ 8.55
500 g to 3kg 310 mm x 405 mm
Perth Metropolitan Area Only $ 10.40
Standard $ 14.55
3kg to 5kg 435 mm x 510 mm
Perth Metropolitan Area Only $ 10.40
Standard $ 17.65
** Oversize and Overweight Orders Quote Provided Prior to Despatch
Request a Quote for Postage
- Select "Quote for Postage" as your shipping option
- Thrifty Teachers will provide a quote and possible options (if available)
- Should the quote not be unacceptable, Thrifty Teachers can provide a full refund on the condition that cancellation of order is received within seven (7) days of notification. Should the order be cancelled after this date a 10% administration fee will be deducted from the refund.
- Resources for special occasions such as Christmas, Anzac, Easter etc. that are cancelled, customers will be offered a store credit less a 10% admin fee due to short timeframe for resale of the items.
All postage orders are lodged at the Post Office no later than 4:30 pm WST on the following days:
Monday - Orders placed after Thursday 6pm and before Sunday 6pm pm WST
Wednesday - Orders placed after Sunday 6pm and before Tuesday 6pm WST
Friday - Orders placed after Tuesday 6pm WST and before Thursday 6pm WST
Note: The above lodgement days/times indicate the latest, in a majority of instances postage, is lodged the same or next day.
Bulky / Oversized / Overweight Items
Some items are bulky and cannot be posted using satchels, in these instances, please contact us and we will provide an individual quote, based on the cubic measurements of the items to be posted. We do our best to minimise the cost of postage as much as possible.
If additional charges are applicable, you can choose to accept the charges or cancel part or all of your order. For further information regarding additional charges see below or, please feel free to Contact Us.
Additional Postage Charges
In some cases, additional postage charges may apply to your order, for reasons such as:
- Incorrect postal charge selected at check-out (e.g. selected Perth Metropolitan Rate for Remote or National delivery address)
- Weight (orders over 5kg will be provided with an individual quote - based on final weight, dimensions and delivery location prior to despatch)
- In some instances, Australia Post may charge an additional fee for items that do not comply with their size restrictions.
In the event that an additional charge applies to your order, you will be notified by email prior to your order being dispatched and given the opportunity to accept the charges or cancel part or all of your order.
Please refer to Australia Post delivery time calculator here (enter 6173 in the 'From' box).\
Cash on Delivery (COD)
Thrifty Teachers does not offer Cash on Delivery (COD).
We are happy to offer discounted postage for our regional and interstate customers who order Over $60.00 for a discounted rate (Excludes Express Parcel Post or Orders that do not fit into a pre-paid Australia Post satchel and require customised packaging) - We do not offer FREE Postage.
Large Satchel (3kg to 5kg) - ONLY $10.00 (normally $17.65)
Medium Satchel (1kg to 3kg) - ONLY $ 6.90 (normally $14.55)
Small Satchel 1 (500gm to 1kg) - ONLY $ 3.95 (normally $11.95)
Small Satchel 2 (up to 500gm) - ONLY $ 1.50 (normally $8.55)
Western Australia Orders
Orders will be delivered FREE of charge within the Perth Metropolitan Area, discounted postage will apply for all Western Australia regional/postal orders, which will be based on the weight and dimensions of the final order.
To qualify for this offer:
- Orders must total more than $60.00 (excluding postage / delivery fees)
- Items must weigh comply with required weight and size dimensions and fit into a Pre-Paid Australia Post Satchel.
- 1 x discounted postage satchel per $60 order value, e.g.
- Orders $ 60 - $119 = 1 x Discounted Satchel
- Orders $120 - $179 = 2 x Discounted Satchels
Incorrect, not as described or damaged itemAll products are checked and packed safely to avoid and minimize damage in transit. Should you receive a product that is damaged, incorrect, or not as described, please contact Thrifty Teachers within 5 business days of delivery so that we can assess your claim and discuss refund or exchange options. Please note:
- Refunds will be made to the same credit card (or tender type) that was charged for the original purchase.
- If a product is returned for any reason other than it being faulty, an incorrect item or not as described, the customer will be liable for postage.
- You are not entitled to a refund if faults with the product were indicated in photos or in the item description on the website at the time that you purchased the product.
- You are responsible for the return of the product, if your refund is approved you will be reimbursed the cost of standard postage by providing copies of the original receipts showing costs. If the item is returned using Express, Next Day or courier without prior approval from Thrifty Teachers in writing, refund of standard Australia Post costs will only be given.
- As soon as your refund has been approved we will endeavour to have your credit processed as quickly as possible.
- For refunds of the return postage copies of the original receipts must be provided before a refund can be issued.
Change of Mind (excludes 'Orders on Hold')For orders that have already been dispatched, we are unable to provide a refund for 'change of mind'. However, store credits can be provided, excluding delivery or postage fees. The following conditions apply:
- Cost of returning the items to Thrifty Teachers to be at the customer's expense.
- Any discount on postage or delivery provided with the original order will be deducted from the store credit, if applicable.
- Items must be returned within one (1) week of receipt.
- Items may be accepted after this time frame on request and written agreement only, however, these will incur a 15% administration/restocking fee which will be deducted from store credit.
- Store credits cannot be used to pay for postage or delivery charges.
- All items returned must be in the same condition as dispatched.
- Refunds will be provided in the same method as the original payment of the order.
At various times throughout the year, Thrifty Teachers will undertake a stocktake, as we generally only have one of each item available, we are unable to offer refunds, store credits or amendments to orders during these times
- No refunds, store credits or amendments will be available during these times, orders that are pending payment of postage or change of minds.
- "Quote for Postage" orders - A full refund or changes can be made to an order should the 'quote' is not accepted within seven (7) days of the date on original quote. If no response is received within (7) days from the date of the postage quote, the order will be automatically cancelled and customer refunded the cost of the order less 10% admin fee.
* For orders 'On Hold' please see separate terms and conditions in respect to cancellations and change of minds here!
* Thrifty Teachers makes every effort to make contact with customers by email and text, it is the customers' responsibility to ensure that all contact details are included and correct when placing orders.
Errors and OmissionsThrifty Teachers makes every effort to provide accurate pricing and product information. Because of the dynamic nature of this industry (e.g. supplier price changes and other variables beyond our control), prices, promotions, versions and availability advertised are subject to change without prior notice. Please be assured of our every effort to ensure the accuracy; however, the documents, text and graphics published may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Thrifty Teachers makes no representations about the suitability of this information; it is provided as is without warranty of any kind. If an error is made or a product is listed at an incorrect price, Thrifty Teachers shall maintain the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed. If the order has been confirmed and charged to your credit card, Thrifty Teachers shall immediately issue a refund.
Return of Item for Refund or Exchange
The product should be mailed to:
PO Box 7418
Secret Harbour WA 6173
We recommend when posting your item that you get a tracking number, which is standard with postage of all parcels with Australia Post. Thrifty Teachers is not responsible for the product during transit and is unable to issue a refund if the product is lost and not received. Should you need to deliver your order to Thrifty Teachers please contact us to arrange a mutually agreeable time.