As At 1st January, 2017
At Thrifty Teachers we:
- Special Discounted Delivery Rates Perth Metropolitan Area
- $8 All Orders Over $15.00
- $10 All Orders Under $15.00
- Free All Orders Over $60.00
- Deliveries can be made to home or school
- post Australia wide;
- offer both standard Parcel and Express Pre-Paid satchels;
- use cubic weight to calculate postage on orders which do not fit into a pre-paid satchel (as per Australia Post requirements)
- use Australia Post for postage of orders;
- provide tracking numbers for orders (*in some remote areas tracking may be limited);
- on request, can provide a custom quote for postage of your order prior to; and
- for an additional fee, can provide insurance and signature on delivery options.
- Customer will have 7 days from the receipt of the postage quote to accept or refuse this charge.
- If the charge is refused the customer will be refunded in full
- If no response is received from the customer after 14 days of provision of postage quote, the order will automatically be cancelled and customer refunded the ful amount less a 10% administration fee.
- Thrifty Teachers will make every effort to contact customers via both email and text messages.
Postage Rates for Pre-Paid Satchels:
100 g to 500 g 220 mm x 355 mm
Perth Metropolitan Area Only $ 7.60
Standard $ 8.50
500 g to 3kg 310 mm x 405 mm
Perth Metropolitan Area Only $ 10.40
Standard $ 13.60
Express $ 15.65
3kg to 5kg 435 mm x 510 mm
Perth Metropolitan Area Only $ 10.40
Standard $ 17.80
Express $ 24.80
** Oversize and Overweight Orders Quote Provided Prior to Despatch
Deliveries to Perth Metropolitan Area
Deliveries are made on either Tuesdays or Wednesday (unless otherwise notified). We are happy to deliver to your place of work or school if necessary (please note this on your order). We will advise you what day your order is scheduled for delivery in advance. Priority delivery or delivery on another day is available at an additional charge.
NOTE: Australia Post Rate apply for all orders outside of Perth Metropolitan Area.
Hold my Order ! (replaces COMBINE)
Thrifty Teachers will be replacing our COMBINE postage option with a new service called ‘Hold my Order!’ As we are adding items constantly during any given week, you might want to grab them whilst you can, but also wait and see what else is coming in. This service gives you the option to do this, but only pay one postage / delivery charge.
By using this service and selecting 'Hold my Order' as your postage option at checkout - we will hold your order until you are ready to have it sent. You can purchase additional items in the same way and we will hold all those items and send them in one go when you tell us to!
Orders can be held for a few days, a week or even two weeks if you wish. Your items will be held safely for you, and you can then request them to be sent in one parcel when you have finished shopping.
When you are ready to have your order sent, contact us and we will send you a postage invoice. If your combined order is over $60 or you will be entitled to either FREE delivery in the Perth metropolitan Area or discounted postage rates.
A great service if you have a few days off from work and want to receive your parcel whilst you are off, or if you are going on holiday and want to order but want your items when you get back.
Please note - orders can be held for a maximum of 4 weeks.
Bulky / Oversized / Overweight Items
Some items are bulky and cannot be posted using satchels, in these instances, please contact us and we will provide an individual quote, based on the cubic measurements of the items to be posted. We do our best to minimise the cost of postage as much as possible.
If additional charges are applicable, you can choose to accept the charges or cancel part or all of your order. For further information regarding additional charges see below or, please feel free to Contact Us.
Additional Postage Charges
In some cases, additional postage charges may apply to your order, for reasons such as:
- Incorrect postal charge selected at check-out (e.g. selected Perth Metropolitan Rate for Remote or National delivery address)
- Weight (orders over 5kg will be provided with an individual quote - based on final weight, dimensions and delivery location prior to despatch)
- In some instances, Australia Post may charge an additional fee for items that do not comply with their size restrictions.
In the event that an additional charge applies to your order, you will be notified by email prior to your order being dispatched and given the opportunity to accept the charges or cancel part or all of your order.
Please refer to Australia Post delivery time calculator here (enter 6173 in the 'From' box).
Cash on Delivery (COD)
Thrifty Teachers does not offer Cash on Delivery (COD).